Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pretty Little Liars, Season 1

The TV show Pretty Little Liars is based on a book series by the author Sara Shepard. Pretty Little Liars is about four girls, Hanna, Aria, Emily, and Spencer, who have grown apart since their best friend’s death. After a year since Alison’s death, they all receive text messages from “A” and come together to try to stop “A” from revealing their darkest secrets. 

In my opinion, I really liked the cast that was chosen to play the characters. What I look for in the actors is if they can make the story believable and real and that’s what they achieved. I found that story overall has a great and unique plot. The show contains the usual teenage drama, but what shows don’t have that this one does is the mystery. This series has the perfect combination of the drama and mystery and that’s makes it unique. I also found that Pretty Little Liars has some of the aspects that Gossip Girl has like the mystery texts that revels their dark secrets and the rich teens that can get out of any situation with their money. If you like a drama series and the show Gossip Girl, you might like Pretty Little Liars. Pretty Little Liars is the type of show that drags you into the story and leaves you wanting more. I heard about this show when it came up in one of the conversations my cousins were having about the episode that aired the night before. They were so into trying to figure out who Alison was that I had to watch the TV show myself. Once I started watching it I was hooked. At the end of each episode I got so mad because I had to wait another week for the next episode. It was so addicting. The worst part of it is waiting till 2011 to continue watching :(, but it’s totally worth the wait. 

1 comment: